Sunday, March 1, 2009

Session 3 Online - Review/Lab

This is your opportunity to review material presented in class during session one and session two, focusing on the SMART Notebook, interactive websites and using the SMART Board.

Two-Minute Tutorials - Go to Two-Minute Tutorials
Review the quick, animated tutorials for the SMART Notebook software. http://smarttech.com/trainingcenter/tutorials.asp

Review the online tutorials
1. Touch, Write and Save 10
2. Ink Aware (word and excel toolbar)
3. Notebook Software 10 Basics
4. Objects in Notebook Software 10
5. SMART Table Basics
6. The Notebook Software 10 Page Sorter
7. The Notebook Software 10 Gallery

You can also watch videos created by teachers and SMART’s staff on our YouTube and TeacherTube channels, and see how easy it is to use a SMART Board interactive whiteboard to create extraordinary moments in your classroom.

Then practice in the SMART Notebook and on the SMART board.

Lesson Activity Toolkit – Tips – Tricks – Activities and Videos
Video tutorials (9 videos)
You must have Adobe Flash Player installed to watch the tutorials.

Lesson Planning and Delivery with Notebook Software 10 (PDF 423 KB) In this exercise, you'll learn how to create lesson material with Notebook software and add interactive elements to get students involved when you present it in class.

Here is Notebook Software Activity Guide to help you develop creative and interactive lesson activities. Need more ideas … go to SMART Lesson Activities.

Explore Interactive Web sites and/or DVD/CD's on the SmartBoard and post a comment on your progress today.

I have also emailed this information, if you are unable to post to the blog, please reply to the email and let us know what you are working on.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    How are you on this snowy Sunday? The Ashby Elem. people went to the school this morning beginning at 8:00.
    We were unable to blog on our computers there, so I am blogging now.
    We made some slides- but we ran into some problems due to our computers. We explored Youtube and Teachertube, reviewed tutorials, and tried some features like the tabs, inserting videos with questions, the vortex etc. We do hope this is acceptable. Have a great week! - Paula Roberts- AES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, it sounds like you had a very productive day! I also received emails from Karen this morning with an update. Nice job to you and your group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    I have watched several tutorials today, and I am currently downloading the notebook 10 on my home computer. I am so excited to try several new ideas with my classroom.
    Jeanette Mihill VBES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched several tutorials also, as well as previewed the interactive sites. I haven't decided what notebook pages I will make.....I'll come up with something though! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have been watching all the suggested videos and interactive sites! My eyes are beginning to blur... but I've seen a lot of great resources - am trying to add them all to my newly created wiki so I can share it all with the teachers at school this week. I'm hoping that the 60 sec tech videos and two minute videos are things that many will be willing to take the time to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula - any luck with the notebook software on your mac?

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to see everyone working online and accomplishing so much today! I am particularly impressed considering most of you had never heard of a blog as of a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I have been working from home today and will tomorrow (snowday) I can not find a tutorial on classmates. Do you know of any? I have been sharing my new knowledge with my family and they are impressed ( old mother blogging and all) I have notebook software on my home computer. Tested my flash drive at school, this morning and it worked. Now I can work on slides from home. Ya!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mary,
    I have been working today on my slides sincethe computers at school don't have enough memory yet to run notebook10 and all of the features it has. It was frustrating on Sunday. Since I am in the lab, I am working on a lesson my a kindergarten teacher who asked for info on Rhyming. She also wants me to make up a lunch count on the notebook. I will attempt creating tables with children's names. The tutorials are great to pick up techniques. I will watch more later in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cynthia, I needed you today!!!! Frustrated at school. Our computers can't handle all the good stuff. Remember me when you come in.
    Peg
    I might bring a PC from home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, I tried many videos and looked over tutorials during the week. I showed he children videos from HowStuffWorks on simple and complex
    machines and presidents. I tried the
    JacksonPollack (color splash). How can you choose the colors? A new color just keeps popping up. Thanks- Paula Roberts

    ReplyDelete